Alaidh's daily diary

Friday, August 17, 2007

He was my nemesis...but he didn't know it!!


I met my "cousin" Murphy almost 13 years ago. Mummy brought him home just before Christmas and he wouldn't leave me alone!! He was huge, yet he was only 5 months old!! He used to flop on me; I would beat him up. It was no fun beating him up cuz he never fought back.


Anyway, Murphy died yesterday. There was something wrong with his brain and it was making him have lots of seizures. Even his vet was crying when he died because he was such a great kitty...even if I didn't think so.


Murphy wasn't too bright, and he had a perpetually stoned look on his face - Mummy called him Bobo. He loved people...when he got over his fear of them. He also had a habit of following people he loved...by running in front of them! Mummy would walk into the bedroom and Murphy would beat her there and flop on the bed, waiting for a tummy rub.

He was also quite the singer. Mummy used to laugh her head off when he would sing at the top of his lungs in the middle of the night. Silly boy.

Murphy didn't know how to be mad. He got his sister Katy mad all the time, but he didn't have the capacity for menace. He was a very happy boy.

He went to sleep quietly with his mummy and daddy by his side.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is so sad! I think you will miss him even if he was your nemesis.
    Hope you are keeping well Alaidh and eating your healthy food. x

     
  • At 9:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember Bobo from his Mississauga days when he would hide under the bed. I actually did get to see Murphy at times. Bye sweet Bobo.

     
  • At 4:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, I'm so sorry to read about Murphy. I'm sure this sweetheart will be missed by everyone but he's at the bridge doing better now.

     
  • At 12:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home